1. Repeal (verb): The act of stating officially that a law, rule, etc. no longer has legal force. (रद्द करना)
Synonyms: Revoke, Rescind, Cancel, Abrogate
Antonyms: Approve, Enact, Validate
Example: The governor lobbied for repeal of the death penalty.
Related: Repealed, Repealed
2. Stigma (noun): A mark of disgrace associated with a particular circumstance, quality, or person. (कलंक, लांछन)
Synonyms: Shame, Disgrace, Dishonour; Stain
Antonyms: Honour, Credit, Pride
Example: Once upon a time, the stigma of being an unwed mother led many young women to attempt suicide.
3. Systemic (adjective): Relating to or involving a whole system: (सर्वांगी, दैहिक)
Synonyms: Universal, General, Integral
Antonyms: Extrinsic, Supplemental, Secondary
Example: The problems are systemic and will only worsen.
4. Itinerant (adjective): Travelling from place to place. (भ्रमणकारी, चलता फिरता)
Synonyms: Peripatetic, Wandering, Wayfaring, Nomadic
Antonyms: Settled, Permanent, Stationary, Immobile
Example: The documentary follows the life of an itinerant homeless man who never sleeps in a location more than once.
5. Pretence (noun): A false display of feelings, attitudes, or intentions. (दिखावा, ढोंग)
Synonyms: Sham, Deceit, Deception, Feign
Antonyms: Frankness, Honesty, Truthfulness
Example: She made absolutely no pretence of being interested.
6. Deter (verb): To prevent someone from doing something. (रोकना)
Synonyms: Restrain, Inhibit, Stop, Impede
Antonyms: Encourage, Persuade, Support
Example: High prices are deterring many young people from buying houses.
Related: Deterred, Deterred
7. Vagrancy (noun): The state of living as a vagrant; homelessness. (भटका फिरना)
Synonyms: Vagabondage, Wandering, Nomadism, Roaming
Antonyms: Residence, Habitation, Settlement
Example: “Vagrancy and begging has become common-place in London.
8. Punitive (adjective): Intended as a punishment: (दंडात्मक)
Synonyms: Penal, Punishing, Retributive,
Antonyms: Rewarding, Pardoning, Condoning
Example: She is suing the newspaper for $5 million punitive damages.
9. Sedentary (adjective): Characterized by much sitting and little physical exercise. (अधिक बैठा रहने वाला)
Synonyms: Inactive, Torpid, Sluggish, Lethargic
Antonyms: Active, Moving, Energetic
Example: My doctor says I should start playing sport because my lifestyle is too sedentary.
10. Truncate (verb): Shorten (something) by cutting off the top or the end. (काट कर छोटा करना)
Synonyms: Abbreviate, Abridge, Curtail, Syncopate
Antonyms: Elongate, Extend, Lengthen, Protract
Example: Jill had to truncate her presentation so it would not exceed five minutes.
Related: Truncated, Truncated